Monday, June 21, 2010

Remembering "Bridedom"

Today, I am reflecting on my season as a bride-to-be. I'm remembering what I call "Bridedom."  Why? you ask.

It is because my sis-in-law is now engaged!!

Congratulations, Kristin!


The ring is on, the date is set, the bride is busy planning, and well.... you know the rest. :) Just getting over my own wedding, I am excited for my sister-in-law as she prepares for her wedding day.

The October wedding coming up is making me think back to my own engagement and wedding planning. I remember the stack of magazines cluttering my desk and my bed, I remember the planners, the notebook always stuck in my purse, the endless phone calls, the hours spent online, the trips to various department stores and shops...whew!! As fun and amazing as that season of my life was, I am just happy to FINALLY be married to Grant. The months of engagement are to be cherished. There is so much beauty in being engaged and understanding the significance of engagement and what it means spiritually. But engagement is not the destination. The destination is wedded bliss! It is sharing your life with your spouse. It is learning to be more selfless, giving, understanding, patient, etc. It is about family and leading your family closer to Jesus Christ. It is about learning more about the beauty of our "marriage" to Jesus. It's wonderful!...and I love it!

Anyway, congratulations Kristin! .....and all you other brides out there! Enjoy it! The best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails