Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Party of Attendants

This past week, Grant and I finally made the final decisions about our wedding party! It's going to be quite large, but there are so many people we want surrounding us on our special day. My sisters, his siblings, our cousins, and friends who have meant a great deal to us in our life will gather around us and watch us enter into the sacred covenant of marriage.
The bridesmaids will be decked out in sapphire blue dresses and the groomsmen will don the suits and sapphire blue ties. Lilies will be held by the ladies. Hair will be brushed on the men. ;) The flower girls will drop white rose petals and the ring bearer will, hopefully, not lose the rings.

Smiles are sure to be on everyone's face.

I've heard it said that a wedding ceremony is not merely two people covenanting before God - it is two people covenanting before God and before a select host of witnesses. I think that's very true.

For me, my bridesmaids are special. They include my sisters who are my best friends in the world, my friends who have encouraged me and prayed for and with me for years, my closest cousin with whom I share some of my greatest memories, and the sister of my groom.


The groomsmen are no different. They are men that Grant has chosen who mean a great deal to him.

Thinking about our attendants and who will be standing with us at the alter on April 17, 2010, I've thought about the wedding day we'll have one day with Christ. All the Old Testaments saints will gather 'round us and watch with ecstatic joy as we marry our Beloved. They will be our honored guests at the marriage supper. They will smile as they see us - the bride - come to Jesus, robed with white and "made ready." As exciting as my earthly wedding day will be, it won't hold a candle to that glorious day when - at last! - the waiting will be over.

I'm anxious to walk behind my friends and sisters and have them smile as a ring is placed on my finger and vows are spoken. But I'm quite ready to walk towards my Heavenly Prince and see the smiles from all the attendants up there, as well. :)


Revelation 19:7-9
"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb..."

1 comment:

  1. That made me cry!!! I can't wait to stand with you as you commit your earthly life to Grant!! What a blessing that you two can be a reflection of our Savior's love for His church!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails