Monday, November 30, 2009

Things and Diamond Rings


Isaiah 61:10 -
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

You've heard the term... diamonds are a girl's best friend. I wouldn't go as far as to say that's true. But I will say that girls DO like diamonds. Personally....big, small, princess cut or pear cut - it doesn't matter to me.

Usually when a girl gets engaged, when a ring is placed on her finger, some questions are commonly asked. They are known as the Four C's .....

1. Color?
2. Cut?
3. Clarity?
4. Carat?

Those things may mean the world to some girls, but personally, I just don't find them all that important. I have my own list of C's. MY "Four C's" are more like....

1. Christian?
2. Character?
3. Committed?
4. Compassionate?


Those things are far more important in a marriage. The color of your diamond ring is meaningless when your man is a God-fearing Christian. The cut of your ring isn't as important as the cut of his soul....his character in other words. Is he caring? Is he Courageous? Now, the clarity of that ring? Hmmm...more like "Is my man committed?" In other words, "Are his motives clear?" I'd say that takes precedence over the ring. And....a carat? No, I'd choose compassion.

Color, cut, clarity, carat....those things are just a part of a piece of jewelry on your left ring finger. Marriage is made up of more than that.

Whether you have a rock on your hand or no ring at all....it isn't about the diamond in a ring. It's about the diamond called your man (or your wife for you men reading). It's about the love and commitment between the two of you as you join hearts and lives in serving Christ. That's the real gem that is priceless! That's the real jewel, worth so much more than money can buy.

2 comments:

  1. Very well spoken, Kris. *hug* See you in just a couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great comparison!! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails