Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Adorned With Jewels

Isaiah 61:10
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

For Christmas, my sweet groom gave me the jewelry for the wedding! How precious is he? Months ago, I discovered the perfect earring and necklace set EVER! And I gushed..... :) And apparently, it worked too, because 'viola! I now have the beautiful set that I'm anxious to wear on April 17! It's a beautiful sapphire gem complete with the always-needed bridal pearls found at Jessica's Wedding.com



Jewelry is something nearly every girl adores. I am a fellow adoree'. :) I like pearls, diamonds, sapphires, emeralds, rubies, gold, silver....bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings.... jewelry. In a way, it's a bit of royalty we ladies slide on our wrists or clasp around our neck. It transforms us from "plain" to "not-so-plain." Such is salvation...

Planning my wedding and thinking of all the spiritual significance in a wedding ceremony, I've found so many likenesses to salvation. In a way, every detail of a wedding is a beautiful picture of God's saving grace. Even such a small detail like a pearl necklace or beautiful new earrings are a picture of Calvary's love and the redemption process that took place over 2,000 years ago. In Ezekiel chapter 16, it gives a clear picture of who we are without Christ....dirty and naked and filled with shame, despised and full of "sin." Then it gives us glorious hope. It then says how Jesus comes and covers our nakedness, cleans the dirt from our lives, rids us of the impurity that is sin. Then it says this:

Ezekiel 16:12
And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.


Accepting Christ as Lord into our hearts, we are made clean and pure and - decked out in jewels! We are made royalty! Earrings....jewels...a crown.

That's another wonderful view of salvation (and one us girls love!)

My wedding jewelry will remind me of God's redeeming love and saving grace. The pearls in my necklace and earrings will remind me of the pearly gates, and of my purified state in Christ. The sapphire stone will remind me of God's throne and the beauty of Heaven...and of a life lived with Him as the cornerstone.

....I'm loving jewelry more every minute!

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

1 comment:

  1. It's SO beautiful!! I love your comparisons, too. How neat to think about how much the Lord loves us and how He has ADORNED us!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails