Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Tis the Season to Keep Planning


With Christmas only a few days away, wedding plans are slow. But NOT non-existent. :) I have my jewelry for the big day (YAY!!), I'm trying to make a final decision on the invitations (headache, anyone?), the bridesmaid's material is in (finally!), and I scheduled a run through in two weeks for my wedding "do" (I have got to figure out what to do with this hair!).

My room is chock-full of presents, wrapping paper, and Bridal magazines and notes scattered here and there with reminders, "Things To Do," various checklists, and Christmas decorations. Tis the season!

But in the midst of all the planning, I'm taking time to cherish my family and my loved ones who are all here at home for Christmas. Nothing is better to me than sitting on a couch with apple cider in my hand, watching the fire, and listening to my family talk, visit, sing, and laugh. Christmas movies, Christmas music, Christmas lights, Christmas food! It's all a beautiful part of the life I live (and greatly enjoy living, I might add!). This being my last Christmas at home, it's bitter-sweet and gives me all the more reason to soak up every sound of Christmas this year. Just a note to all of you reading (especially you fellow brides): Life is crazy all the time, but let's not forget to enjoy the simple things, the simple life; Our family, our friends, our Savior!


Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Merry Christmas, Kristen! And soon we'll be celebrating your wedding. :) Happy! Have a wonderful time with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails