Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Invitation

The invitations are HERE!!!!  *blows party horn* They arrived last week and I'm so pleased! Here is a look!




The invitations are a pretty important part of a wedding. Grant and I spent months trying to find the right style, the right color, the right size, and the right price for us. Then when we found it, we prayed about the wording and how God would have us word the invitation. We are both very pleased with the outcome. :)

Two posts back, I blogged about my proposal and I likened it to the Great Proposal made 2,000 years ago when Jesus Christ came to this earth, died for our sins, rose again, and made a way to live with Him in heaven for eternity one day. I blogged about how good our God is - to love His creation so much that He would give His life for us. He proposed to us, offering us His love, His salvation, His grace, His forgiveness - His all!

An invitation is basically the same thing.

Next month, when we send out invitations to our friends and loved ones, we will be inviting them to our great event. We will be saying, "Please come! Your presence is wanted on this day."

Well, Jesus gives us an invitation also. He sends His convicting Spirit to our hearts and He begs us to come. He says, "I want you here with me! I want you for all eternity! Please come."

That's an invitation you don't want to ignore. Please accept Him and be saved today.


Acts 2:21
"...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."



1 comment:

  1. They look great, Kristen. And great message attached. :) see you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails