Wednesday, February 24, 2010

She Walks in Beauty

So I have been doing a bit of walking in my lovely white wedding shoes. I've been trying to break them in, so it won't be so awkward to walk on the wedding day. It's quite hard.

I've already posted about my wedding shoes and what they mean to me spiritually, but for those of you who haven't read that far back, I'll give you the Cliff Notes' version. ;) The Bible says to "walk in love" to "walk in peace" to "walk in wisdom" and to "walk in truth..." So when we Christians and brides slip on our wedding shoes, we should reflect on what we should walk in SPIRITUALLY as well.

I'm a fan of beautiful poetry and when I practice walking in my shoes to break them in, along with the spiritual fruits we should walk in, I also think of the great Byron poem, "She Walks In Beauty."


She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light.
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impair'd the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!

Lord Byron




While we brides try to break in our wedding shoes and while we Christians endevor to walk in Christ Jesus, let us also walk in the beauty of the Christian life. Just a little food for thought today! :)

Psalm 90:17
And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us...

Job 40:10 
Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails