Friday, April 16, 2010

Bride on the Go!

  • Fold wedding programs. Check.
  • Put up signs in designated places. Check.
  • Decide on parking. Check.
  • Decorate the wedding site. Check.
  • Decorate the reception site. Check.
  • Finish packing for the honeymoon. Check.....

Busy, busy, busy. A bride's work is never done.

I've heard it said that a wedding is the most stressful time of a girls' life and, after 14 months of planning my wedding, I am a believer! There are so many things to plan, decide, delegate, create, and prepare for.

Everyone has been working so very hard and I am forever grateful. God has done amazing things! He has performed miracles, using others to bless Grant and myself. This past year, I have definitely been reminded that my God provides! People have "mysteriously" showed up and have offered to do things we had no idea how we would do. God has blessed! He is good.

SO, tomorrow is the DAY!! THE day! Tomorrow is the day I have waited for and dreamed of my whole life. Tonight I will (hopefully) get some sleep. Tomorrow, I will get up, go get my hair done, come back and do makeup, then get dressed....and THEN (eventually) walk down the aisle to my groom! I will say "I do," I will pledge my heart, I will kiss him!!....and then we will ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after! It has been a long road to get to this point. It began when I was a baby when my parents began praying for me. And then the road led me through mountains and valleys. It made twists and turns and held forks in the road. But it eventually led me here to this place, where "forever" begins. The road will still go on. It has not dead ended, nor has it reached its destination. It has only paused at a rest stop. It has only turned on to "the Interstate" of marriage. It keeps going; it's not over yet. Tomorrow will only mark the BEGINNING! Like the sequal to a beautiful story, it isn't finished yet. Tomorrow at 2 o'clock, my life will take an exciting turn. My story will have a special twist! It's bittersweet, but SWEET nonetheless!

Well, I have to run....can't be late for my own wedding!

P.S. More posts to follow LATER! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails