Tuesday, April 6, 2010

When God Made You

Have you ever wondered what your future husband or wife will be like? If you are like me, then you definitely have! I remember having all these daydreams about how my man would be, how he would act, what he would look like, how he would win my heart. I remember writing out a list of character traits I longed for in a husband. I dreamed of a noble modern-day Prince who would be patient, Godly, loving, encouraging, and gentle. I dreamed of a man of God who would storm the gates of hell and try to rescue the lost. I dreamed of a big smile and adoring eyes. I dreamed of strong arms to carry me and tender hands to hold mine. I dreamed of belly laughing with him and being able to walk around in sweats and no make-up and still feel beautiful in his presence. I even dreamed about sharing an intense love for mexican food! .....and my dreams came true!

Our story is a funny one (to read it, click here). I was always so confident that I would know immediately when "he" waltzed into my life. Did I know? Not at all! It took almost two years for me for me to actually see that the guy I daydreamed about my whole life was standing in front of me. Talk about an overwhelming experience!!

As our wedding day grows closer and closer, I've been thinking of my childhood. It's funny to think that Grant was five years old when I came into this world. When I was having my slumber party on my 10th birthday, he was learning to drive to school. When I was graduating high school, he was working at his job. And then, through God's amazing way of making paths cross, we met!....and the rest is history. :)

I've realized, as I fall more and more in love, that Grant is not just what I wanted. He's also what I needed. I got the Godly preacher and the sweet personality. I got the strong arms and tender hands. I got the brilliant smile and caring eyes. I got the fun, belly laughing moments. I even got the mexican food part! But I was also given so much more. I was given a guy who teaches me, who helps me see outside the box, who loves me in spite of my emotional idiosyncrasies, who lets me cry, and who encourages me beyond anything I ever dreamed. He's my best friend (and yes, it turns out that being best friends IS incredibly romantic!). I can't help but believe that when God made him, he thought of me. And when God formed me, he thought of him. He knew that Grant would be just what I needed. He knew that we would both grow in so many ways when brought together. He knew. :) And He is faithful.

Single ones reading....God IS faithful. He WILL give you His best. He can give you the desires of your heart. And He will give you exactly what you need! Trust Him. He knows. :)


1 comment:

  1. :) Soon Kristen... Next Saturday and it is all you have dreamed over for a lifetime. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails