Monday, January 18, 2010

The Beauty of Flowers

I am a self-admitted girly-girl. And, thankfully, my groom is glad I am. I love dresses and skirts, and princess stories. I love jewelry and make-up. I love bubble baths, candles, fluffy pillows and chocolate. And I adore flowers! Since my groom began courting me, he has kept me ever-satisfied with a good supply of them too. It started with a few little colorful blossoms when our friendship really began to deepen. And it grew to poinsettias at Christmastime and a dozen red roses "just because."




So with flowers on the brain, I shall blog about my wedding flowers! I'm very excited! My two littlest sisters will be my flower girls and they will drop white satin rose petals on the aisle before I walk. It's going to be beautiful! As for me and my lovely bridesmaids, after a little searching, I have decided to go with artificial white lilies, blue dogwoods, and burgundy della fantasia. I have my reasons for those choices and, ironically, it's more than just the fact that the colors match (which is very important, too, of course). But they have a spiritual meaning to me. For example:


I chose white lilies because:

1) I love them!
2) Lilies are a symbol of purity

3) It serves as a reminder that sin is forgiven


I chose blue dogwoods because:

1) My mom carried blue dogwoods in her wedding
2) Dogwoods are a symbol of Christianity and Jesus' resurrection
3) It serves as a reminder that Jesus is alive and well



I chose burgundy della fantasia because:

1) The beautiful carpet in the Chapel is burgundy
2) Della fantasia is 18" long and has 23 blooming buds, a picture to me of the Church and the body of Christ, being one "stem," yet having many "buds."

3) Burgundy red being the color, it reminds me of the blood shed at the cross.

So there is a little insight into my flower choices. Once I actually go and purchase them, I'll be excitedly posting a preview of the lovely bouquets. For now, let your imagination roam. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! :D I hope you are saving these posts, Kris... your little daughters are going to want to read them one day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt said I should compile everything into a bridal hournal and publish it. :) I just might.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful symbolism - and I agree, I think you should make a bridal journal and publish it. You are an awesome writer.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails