Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Little "Napkin" Things

Okay, this week we have been to Hobby Lobby and have gotten the lilies for the bouquets. YAY! My dress is being altered and is nearly complete. HOORAY!! The invitations will be here within the week. WAHOOO! And I've designed napkins for the reception! WOW! Want a sneak peak? :) Okay!





I'm very pleased with them. It's not much. I mean, when you think about it, it's NAPKINS! People are going to use them and throw them away. But I spent a lot of time on them. I designed them.

That little bit of "nothing" has made my mind do a great deal of "something!" Posting pictures and going to all the trouble of making a blog post about napkins has made me think on the spiritual side of things. That's just like us and God. Let's think about it. Seeing my napkins may not be a big deal to you. In fact, my whole wedding planning process may not be a big deal to you. After all, it's my wedding, not yours, right? But it's a big deal to me. It's taking my time, my care, my ideas, my designing. It is very dear, very special, and very meaningful to me, because I'm like the creator of it (for lack of a better word). But it doesn't mean near as much to you. That is very much like how we are towards the things of Christ. There are so many "little" things God does for us that we toss aside like a throwaway napkin. They mean nothing to us.

Oh, but they should! God took great care in that one thing...whatever that one thing may be in your life.

Now, don't fret. I'm not saying you have to start caring about my napkin choices or any other little thing involved in my wedding. :) But I am offering a bit of encouragement to us all - let's not forget the "little" things of God. Let us see those things the way He sees them. When a small problem arises, let us view it through the lense of Heaven. When that unexpected phone call or visitor shows up, let us remember that The Creator orchestrates it all. Whatever "it" may be - big or small - let us remember that with God, nothing is meaningless. All the little things are special.

....Of course now, I'll probably be more apt to call them "the little napkin things."  ;)

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails