Monday, March 8, 2010

A Public Announcement!

Psalm 22:22
I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

Last month, our wedding announcement was put in the local papers and it looked wonderful! It made its way into four different newspapers in four different counties.

Thinking on our newspaper announcement that goes into the hands of nearly every person in town, I've thought of this: Why don't we make our salvation more of a public announcement??

Think about it. When a couple gets engaged, they are so in love with the other and they begin right away telling those they know that they will soon be married! The bride shows her ring to all of her friends and all of her family members. The groom tells his buddies how fortunate he is to have the most sweet and beautiful girl in the world. The bride gushes to her friends how wonderful and handsome her husband-to-be is! Even while shopping for wedding supplies, people notice the purchases and then notice the ring and a "Congratulations!" normally will follow. People quickly hear the news when a wedding is being planned! The word spreads!

So, in our Christian life, I have to ask myself the question, "Do people see the joy and love in my face, in my eyes, and in my life when I speak about my Heavenly Bridegroom? Do they see the excitement of preparing for my Heavenly wedding? ....Do I even show it??"

I enjoy it when people ask about my groom, my wedding, and my planning. I enjoy talking about it and I believe they can see the excitement when I tell them all the latest bridal news. But my deepest prayer is to have so much excitement and joy over my Prince Jesus that everyone I meet can see it written on my face and glittering in my eyes and smile. I want to open my mouth boldly and unashamedly and "announce" what Jesus Christ has done in my life....with no reserve, no hesitance, no embarrassment. I am not ashamed or hesitant when I speak of my earthly bridegroom. So speaking of my Heavenly Groom, the One who moved Heaven and earth for me, the One who redeemed me and cleansed me from my sin, the One who welcomes me into His holy presence, I should never falter to speak joyously about One so great as my Heavenly Love.

Let me encourage you....TELL PEOPLE about Jesus Christ! Tell people what He has done for you! Tell them what He has rescued and redeemed you from! Do not be ashamed of the Creator, the King of all Kings, the Savior and Master that is GOD. Spread the joyous and amazingly wonderful news and declare His mighty, saving grace to EVERYONE you see.


1 Chronicles 16:24
Declare his glory among the heathen; his marvellous works among all nations.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Matthew 9:31
But they, when they were departed, spread abroad his fame in all that country.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen! This is Krysti from Friends...

    Thank you so much for this post, it really encouraged me and I hope I will think of it next time I'm out working. I just got a part time job working in the kitchen at a local restaurant, and I hope and pray that I will allow the Lord to shine through me as I work, and that others will notice Him in some way. (They already know that I'm homeschooled and I like it, and that I don't smoke, so perhaps it's a start). Anyways! So thank you so much for keeping this blog and being such a fantastic inspiration- I really can see Jesus shining out of you!! :)

    Praying for you!
    Krysti

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails