Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Toned

In the midst of all this hectic, crazy planning, and with the wedding a month and a half away, I've been trying (**key word there, TRYING**) to work out and get in tip-top-shape. And it.is.HARD.

While panting for breath and gulping water as my heart rate slowed back to normal, I got to thinking about all this toning and working out that I am doing. Here I am, a bride-to-be, working myself into the ground trying to eat right and excercise in the midst of my ever-crazy schedule. I'm trying all the tricks I can think of. I'm drinking lots of water. I'm trying to watch what I eat and how much I eat. I'm washing my face with honey and cinnamon. I'm using apple cider vinegar, baking soda, strawberries, milk, lemons, and a handful of other various kitchen products to better my skin, hair, face, teeth, and body. I'm working hard! Why? Because I want to look the best I can for my groom.

I can't help but wonder, "Why do we not work as hard toning our spiritual body?" Why is it that with my wedding day a month and a half away, I'm going and going, working hard with fierce determination. Yet Christ could come at any time. Am I in tip-top-shape in that area? Are there things in my life that are sloppy and disgusting in the eyes of God? Are there sins I haven't repented of? Are there things I haven't done? We tend to justify our spiritual laziness while we take every measure we possibly can to ensure that our physical body looks good for our wedding day. We tan or get our hair highlighted. We go to the Spa or join a fitness program at the gym. But yet....our spiritual body is in desperate need of a makeover! Far too easily do we, as Christians, turn into a spiritual couch potato. We don't excercise our mind and heart so we can be fit for the battle every day. We don't learn our weapon (the Bible). We don't strengthen our arms and reach out to the lost. We don't beautify our inner being so we can shine Christ's love... but we fly into hysterics with one wrinkle or gray hair!

As I try to tone my physical body so I can be pleasing to my husband, I am working hard to tone up my spiritual body so I can be pleasing to my Savior and Heavenly Bridegroom every day. My husband deserves a strong, fit wife who isn't lazy or sloppy. So how much more does my God deserve a clean, spiritually strong and able woman in His Kingdom who is ready and willing to serve? Fellow brides....and fellow Christians, tone up your body so you can be strong and healthy on earth. But also, tone up your spiritual body so you can be better used by the Lord.


Romans 6:12
"Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof."

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails