Thursday, March 11, 2010

Write Me A Letter


There is something about a love letter.

Throughout mine and Grant's courtship and engagement, we have exchanged letters to each other. REAL letters. It's sweet to see how they have evolved. At first, you could see Grant's hesitant pursuit and gentle, slow winning. In mine, you could see the sweet friendship and joy. Then you could see the love growing and the letters becoming more tender and personal as the months went by. Now, as we are nearing the end of our engagement, letters are full of building love, the blessings of God, and the exciting anticipation that SOON, there will be a marriage!

Love letters are a beautiful thing...

Being an ultimate girly girl who loves candles and bubble baths, the color pink, and fluffy pillows; who cries during movies, while reading books, listening to music, and talking with friends, I dearly love letters from my man. There is something in a girl that loves the adoration, the reminders of affection, and the tokens of love. It's a sweet thing.

A few months ago, when I flew to Colorado to visit some of my dearest friends, my groom - the ever-romantic one - suprised me with a package of letters he had sent ahead of me. So upon arriving in Colorado, my dear friend excitedly thrusted a big envelope into my hands. In it was a letter for every day spent in Colorado. And if that wasn't enough, each letter had a different color of rose petals along with it! Talk about heart fluttering! Well, early tomorrow morning, my groom will board a plane and head to El Salvador for a week-long mission trip where he will do all he can do to spread the wonderful news of Jesus Christ! As I said goodbye to him this afternoon, I slipped into his truck......you guessed it! A love letter. :) Letters are a big part of our relationship. They have been from the very beginning.

If you were to sit and think about it, you would see that love letters are a big part of God's love relationship with us. How?? you may ask.

The Bible is His love letter to us! Think about it..... over and over, He tells us of His love:

I will never leave you or forsake you...

Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee...

I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you...

And I will betroth thee unto me for ever...

Peace I leave with you...

Behold, thou art fair my love...

And I will dwell in the midst of thee...

O my dove... let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice...

Sounds like a love letter to me!

If you are like me, then you love receiving love letters. You welcome them with awe, an excited smile, and a desire to write and send one in return. So friends....how much more does our Lord long for you to do the same with Him? He has written the grandest, sweetest, most beautiful and fulfilling love letter of all time! And how He longs for us! How He desires intimacy with His bride! How He wishes to see an eager and excited smile when we open up His love letter to us. He looks over at us to see if we are in awe, if we are humbled and moved and touched and completely in love with Him in return!

I pray it is so with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails